Zito Media has a full-time opening for an experienced Broadband cable Maintenance Technician to perform routine and preventative maintenance on CATV feeder/distribution and trunk systems in order to maintain system performance standards. Maintenance and repair of cable system, up to the headend. This position also supports the Service Technicians on a regular basis.
Required: 5 years Broadband/CATV experience or related work history in the cable tv industry.
- Identify faults within the subscriber drop, feeder/distribution and trunk systems to ensure proper signal level, picture quality and compliance with all local, state, federal and Zito Media requirements and standards.
- Correct these faults by adjusting, repairing or replacing passive or active components.
- Perform signal egress/ingress detection; sweep alignment; installations; troubleshooting; test point measurements; system balance and preliminary proofs.
- Perform emergency restoration of signal outages in the feeder/distribution and trunk systems.
- Complete work assignments generated through subscriber service requests and technician follow-up requests, including unresolved technician work orders.
- Audit the system and terminate unauthorized connections.
- Activate new plant and perform preliminary proof.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident
- 5 years CATV/Broadband experience or related work history in the cable tv industry.
- Understanding of and ability to use: signal level meter, volt-ohm meter, cable locator egress monitoring devices, AC clamp meter television test set, spectrum analyzer basic time domain reflectometer, system maps sweep gear.
- Apply technical expertise to a variety of situations, evaluate problems and implement the best solution.
- Communicate effectively with the customer concerning reception problems and services.
- Work under minimal supervision, within broad guidelines of procedures and goals.
- Demonstrate support for excellent customer service.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with excellent driving record.
- Full knowledge and capability of driving a bucket truck.
- Reach, push, pull, hold, grasp and perform fine manipulation on cable and electronic equipment.
- Ability to climb poles and ladders daily.
- Carry, set-up and extend ladders weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Confidence working in/on buckets, ladders and utility poles at heights of up to 40 feet.
- Ability to periodically lift up to 100 pounds.
- Use the standard tools of the trade (screwdrivers, wrenches, drills, strippers, crimpers, hammers, etc.) to route cable, connect cable and install electronic equipment.
- Able to work a variety of schedules in order to provide needed coverage, for both normal duty and on-call duty.