Zito Media currently has an opening for a CMTS support analyst. The main duty of this position is to provide front line support to field and call center positions relating to questions regarding the CMTS and OLT that are deployed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide first line support to field technicians, tech ops management, tier 2 agents and escalation coordinators related to questions regarding the Internet service associated to the CMTS and/or OLT
- Identify and develop resolution for congestion issues on both upstream and downstream RF ports
- Identify circuits or lag connections that have congestion during peak usage hours
- Assist with engineers with lower level change managements like firmware upgrades
- Provide first level on call support for CMTS issues after business hours
- Assist with set up and maintenance of test lab environment
- Work with project manager to package and mail materials for upgrades and expansions
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in technical support and at least 1 year of working with either fiber to the home or cable modem internet
- Must be very organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly motivated with a proven record of high productivity.
- Ability to work to meet company needs within a short timeframe.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Travel could be required for up to 15% of the time and will be planned in advance.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma with BS or BA in business, computer science or project management is preferred.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.