The Project Manager will develop and drive execution of detailed plans for site and network element installation for data and voice services. The Project Manager drives all phases of project creation and execution, as well as budget management, metrics management, and reporting. Coordination and communication with key stakeholders are critical responsibilities associated with this position. The Project Manager is the primary point of contact for multiple ongoing projects, understands the unique aspects of each project and is able to articulate details to various audiences, including stakeholders, management, vendors and “customer” organizations.
The Project Manager is responsible for defining appropriately detailed plans for multiple and interdependent projects. Plans must address resource requirements, project schedule, risk assessment and mitigation, budget requirements, project governance and reporting. The Project Manager must drive individuals and organizations to meet deliverables/milestones. Success in this position will be measured through achievement of tangible business results.
The Project Manager is responsible for effectively leading a cross-functional team in the planning and execution of multiple projects. The Project Manager must establish and drive clear accountability for all team members and create an environment that enables high performance from the team.
Project Governance and Status Reporting:
The Project Manager is accountable for the overall successful delivery of each project to include scope, schedule, and cost. He/she must establish the reporting and metrics to measure and monitor performance against plan. The Project Manager is also responsible for reporting regular status updates to management and key project stakeholders.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Demonstrated experience in managing and delivering telecommunications services supporting end customer requirements. Responsibilities include managing collection and definition of requirements through provisioning and test. Solutions delivered to end customers include Voice, WAN, and IP services, both managed and unmanaged.
- Experience leading multiple complex projects with successful results. Demonstrated ability to balance and meet requirements, schedule, and budget targets simultaneously
- General knowledge of telecommunications networking components across multiple layers of the OSI model (routers, switches, firewalls, DWDM muxes, OADMs, ,etc). with an ability to communicate with engineering teams and end customers
- Preferred experience with projects involving long haul and Metro Ethernet networks, TCP/IP, and ordering/provisioning/inventory processes
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Highly professional and self-motivated; ability to work productively and effectively with little guidance
- Effective team leader and consensus builder. Proven results in building strong peer-level and cross-functional relationships
- Proven creative problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience defining and documenting processes, and driving continuous improvement to processes via process measurement/metrics
- Experienced user of MS-Office products, including Excel and MS-Project, MS-Access a strong plus
Minimum level of education: BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.