The Temporary Construction Technician Assistant is responsible for assisting with pole transfers, lashing cable, and splicing coax to build new plant as well as repair existing.
- Identify faults within the subscriber drop, feeder/distribution and trunk systems to ensure proper signal level, picture quality and compliance with all local, state, federal and Zito Media requirements and standards.
- Correct these faults by adjusting, repairing or replacing passive or active components.
- Perform signal egress/ingress detection; sweep alignment; installations; troubleshooting; test point measurements; system balance and preliminary proofs.
- Perform emergency restoration of signal outages in the feeder/distribution and trunk systems.
- Ability to place cable in the ground, unreeling, pulling and stringing wire and cable from pole to pole by perceiving differences in wire and cable colors to place fiber cable from Central Office through conduit or attach pole lines to customer business or distribution points in the loop.
- Audit the system and terminate unauthorized connections.
- Inspects lines, poles and equipment for signs of damage.
- Work in tunnels, buildings, vaults, trenches, attics, crawl spaces or manholes to place, maintain or remove wiring or equipment.
- Work in remote and rough terrain locations.
- Work outside in all weather conditions as well as dirt, grease and wood preservatives.
- Knowledge and compliance of industry standard safety practices and procedures.
- Use hand tools, power tools, and specialty tools, including telecommunications measuring devices.
- Ability to operate lasher.
- Ability to complete projects within designated timeframes.
- Adheres to all company employee safety, and customer rules and policies. This includes, but is not limited to, appearance codes and vehicle policies.
- Performs general clean-up of job sites following completion of work.
- Assists in the investigation of incidents to prevent reoccurrence.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.
- Must be able to bend, stand, sit, crawl, climb, kneel and lift throughout the day.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends as needed.
- Ability to periodically lift up to 100 pounds.
- Possess a valid State issued driver’s license with a current satisfactory driving record.
- Full knowledge and capability of driving a bucket truck.
- Ability to climb poles and ladders daily.
- Confidence working in/on buckets, ladders and utility poles at heights of up to 40 feet.
- Use the standard tools of the trade (screwdrivers, wrenches, drills, strippers, crimpers, hammers, etc.) to route cable, connect cable and install electronic equipment.
- Sufficient visual and aural acuity to operate a variety of standard test and measurement equipment.
- Favorable reports from personal investigations which include without limitation, driving and substance tests and is subject to Zito Media’s other hiring standards.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.