Zito Media is in the process of geo-coding its broadband markets across the country related to the identification of poles, pedestals and underground vaults in use to deliver service to its customers. To accomplish this goal, Zito Media is seeking applicants for a Contractor Position who will Geo Code utility and telephone pole way points by physically walking the pole lines and providing the required pole and way point data to efficiently geo-code a market by using a mobile. Prior experience in geo-coding or way point documentation preferred, but training will be provided. This is a temporary, at-will, independent contractor position.
- Work under minimal supervision, within broad guidelines of procedures and goals.
- Inform supervisor of issues or escalated situations as necessary.
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Sufficient visual and aural acuity to aid in safety working on roadways and streets with traffic and pedestrians.
- Ability to dedicate 25-40 hours per week to the project as assigned.
- Required submission of reporting weekly to corporate office contact.
- The ability to work outdoors, provide your own safety vest and adequate foot wear.
- The ability to provide your own reliable cell phone or other mobile device with an unlimited data plan and the ability to download required apps.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- A reliable form of transportation.
- Friendly, patient, basic courtesy, diplomatic abilities working near public places.
- Basic computer skills to include email, Word and Excel.
- Experience in the cable television industry and specifically outside plant knowledge is preferred.
- Prior experience with GPS Waypoints app, kml and kmz mapping preferred.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. This is an independent contractor position. Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.