Fiber Tech Trainee – Entry Level – PAID Training
Zito is looking for a full-time Fiber Tech Traineeto learn the trade of terminating, splicing, documenting and testing of all fiber optic cables within Zito Media’s fiber optic networks and their related equipment with the end goal of providing maximum operating efficiency. The selected trainees will also be trained on and responsible for customer premise installations, perform fiber tests with OTDRs, light source and meters in addition to training on terminating, splicing and testing fiber optic equipment to division standards. Training on providing accurate equipment location, splicing and termination records for the fiber database. Building bays, racking, jumper ducts and other network elements needed for the installing of fiber optic equipment and patch and panels. Monitoring, communicating and performing corrective actions to fix problems affecting any fiber or fiber related equipment. Installing demarcation enclosures, switches and other telecom equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid state driver’s license along with an excellent driving record.
- Basic Knowledge or willingness to learn premise entry and electronic equipment installation.
- Basic Knowledge or willingness to learn the technologies and standards as they apply to the installation of fiber optic networks.
- Ability to differentiate color codes, as well as read and understand manufacturer’s manuals for operating and repairing of electronic equipment and components.
- Ability to utilize bucket trucks and safety equipment.
- Basic courtesy, diplomatic abilities and a pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other staff.
- Available for on-call and after-hours call out.
· Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, within broad guidelines of procedures and goals, able to apply technical expertise to a variety of situations, evaluating problems and implementing the best solutions.
- Work well under pressure and deadline environments.
· Ability to climb poles and ladders daily.
· Carry, set-up and extend ladders weighing up to 100 lbs.
· Confidence working in/on buckets, ladders and utility poles at heights of up to 40 feet.
· Ability to periodically lift up to 100 pounds.
· Use the standard tools of the trade (screwdrivers, wrenches, drills, strippers, crimpers, hammers, etc.) to route cable, connect cable and install electronic equipment.
· Able to work a variety of schedules in order to provide needed coverage, for both normal duty and on-call duty.
· Work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather.
· Sufficient visual and aural acuity to operate a variety of standard test and measurement equipment.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.