Zito is looking for a full-time Fiber Technician to learn the trade of terminating, splicing, documenting
and testing of all fiber optic cables within Zito Media’s fiber optic networks and their related equipment
with the end goal of providing maximum operating efficiency. Also responsible for customer premise
installations. Perform fiber tests with OTDRs, light source and meters. Terminates, splices, and tests fiber
optic equipment to division standards. Provides accurate equipment location, splicing and terminating
records for the fiber database. Builds bays, racking, jumper ducts and other network elements needed for
the installing of fiber optic equipment and patch and panels. Monitor, communicate and perform
corrective actions to fix problems affecting any fiber or fiber related equipment. Install demarcation
enclosures, switches and other telecom equipment.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Valid state driver’s license along with an excellent driving record.
• Basic Knowledge or willingness to learn premise entry and electronic equipment installation.
• Basic Knowledge or willingness to learn the technologies and standards as they apply to the
installation of fiber optic networks.
• Ability to differentiate color codes, as well as read and understand manufacturer’s manuals for
operating and repairing of electronic equipment and components.
• Ability to utilize bucket trucks and safety equipment.
• Basic courtesy, diplomatic abilities and a pleasant demeanor.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other staff.
• Available for on-call and after-hours call out.
• Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision, within broad guidelines of procedures and goals, able
to apply technical expertise to a variety of situations, evaluating problems and implementing the
• Work well under pressure and deadline environments.
• Ability to climb poles and ladders daily.
• Carry, set-up and extend ladders weighing up to 100 lbs.
• Confidence working in/on buckets, ladders and utility poles at heights of up to 40 feet.
• Ability to periodically lift up to 100 pounds.
• Use the standard tools of the trade (screwdrivers, wrenches, drills, strippers, crimpers, hammers,
etc.) to route cable, connect cable and install electronic equipment.
• Able to work a variety of schedules in order to provide needed coverage, for both normal duty and
• Work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather.
• Sufficient visual and aural acuity to operate a variety of standard test and measurement
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical,
dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin,
age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates