Zito is looking for a full-time Field Operations Fiber Documentation Specialist who will be responsible for the documentation of physical fiber paths across the Zito Media network. This position will be working in the Fiber Operations Team and will be working closely and partnering with Fiber Planning, Outside Plant, and Engineering. The position is required to manage posting and tracking critical business deliverables in the management of the inventory of fiber networks, routes, fiber enclosures, fiber optic cable, conduit, location data, etc.
- Use Google Earth Pro and Microsoft Visio to document routes for underground and aerial fiber optic cable in private and public right of ways for desktop reviews.
- Manage the conversion of source data into drawings (e.g. CAD/PDF/Shape/KML/KMZ files) showing placement of existing & new fiber optic cable.
- Ensure fiber optic database is current and accurate by inputting data regarding location of fibers and fiber enclosures into the Fiber Inventory data management system.
- Participate in design and review of new Fiber Mapping enhancements and integrations.
- Effectively interface and professionally communicate with Management and colleagues in Engineering, OSP, Third Party Engineering & Construction crews, Project Management, Network Engineering, among others.
- Create simple ad-hoc or presentation-quality maps, depending on the situation, for engineers, account executives and peers.
- Prepare information in various formats (e.g., maps, spreadsheets, slides) for field operations, and network operations when requested.
- Organize workday efficiently to maximize productivity by utilizing proper time management techniques.
- Balance priorities with consideration for importance and urgency of projects. Quickly switch between numerous small projects, requiring immediate response, and larger projects having multiple steps and longer deadlines.
- Provide necessary inputs in support of optical platform troubleshooting, including measured and/or predicted distances and losses across the optical specturm
- Assists in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as assigned.
- Provide Support for Field Ops team during installs and outages, during normal business hours and after hours on-call.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have a working knowledge of telecom, more specifically fiber networking.
- Must have a proficient working knowledge of GIS.
- Must have a proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, as well as Google Drive.
- Must be able to think critically and analytically.
- Must be able to work with a team and have proficient communication skills.
- Must be able to pay very close attention to detail.
- Must be a quick learner.
- The environment we work in is consistently changing from day to day so you must be adaptable to a quick changing environment.
- Must be able to multitask efficiently.
- Must be able to use Telecommunication tools to do in-depth research.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work within a timeline if needed.
- Will support current Fiber team, this includes being assigned random tasks.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate has the following additional knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work with and interpret results from optical test equipment, including power meters, OTDRs, or optical spectrum analyzers
- Ability to use AutoCAD, Bentley Microstation, or equivalent software
- Understanding of optical transceivers with ability to interpret part numbers
- Understanding of amplification and dispersion compensation principles at 10Gbps and greater data transmission.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.