Zito Media has a part-time position open for a Customer Sales & Service Representative in the Borrego Springs, CA office to serve as the primary customer point of contact for sales, activation and support of Zito Media’s Video, High Speed Internet and Voice Services. The position would be staffing the office for 4 hours/day.
Essential functions of the position include:
- Provide inbound telephone and customer walk-in support to potential customers and to customers requesting information or experiencing technical difficulties and equipment problems, in order to reduce service calls and improve customer satisfaction.
- Enter billing payments into the billing system and ensure reconciliation of cash drawer and payment entry on a daily basis. Research status of installation and service calls in order to resolve customer inquiries/complaints; research misapplied payments, billing and service adjustments. Communicate with customers in order to respond to questions; resolve service concerns; provide rate and programming information; initiate upgrade of current service and sell our products and services.
- Responsible for technical support/troubleshooting, via telephone and computer, of the high-speed data product (including email and web hosting). Assist in the resolution of advanced level technical problems with troubleshooting procedures/skills.
- Responsible for adding equipment into billing system accounts, notating the account with proper information as required, to properly execute customer orders, schedule installs and trouble calls, and document customer accounts on a daily basis. Responsible for providing required documentation for tracking work order status information.
- Continually demonstrate and ensure superior customer service.
- Other functions/duties as assigned.
- Must be prompt, punctual and have regular attendance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and MS Publisher.
- Previous experience in a customer service role.
- Superior telephone skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with email programs, Internet and WWW.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be high energy, positive attitude, team player.
- Experience with cable television billing systems.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP basic troubleshooting commands such as ‘ping’ and traceroute Call Center/Help Desk experience.
- In-depth knowledge of both Macintosh and Windows operating systems.
- One year of experience in dispatch operations or customer service contact.
- Basic understanding of cable and Internet networks, associated headend or hub site equipment and switch operations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic computer and cable modem troubleshooting.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.