Zito Media currently has an opening for a Customer Sales & Service Representative in the Waynesville, NC local office to serve as the primary customer point of contact for sales, activation and support of Zito Media’s Video, High Speed Internet, and Voice Services. Full-time position, 40 hours per week. Position includes a monthly bonus potential, complimentary internet services (within service area), and a benefit package including medical, vision, dental and 401k.
Essential functions of the position may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide inbound telephone support to potential customers and to customers requesting information or experiencing technical difficulties and equipment problems, in order to reduce service calls and improve customer satisfaction.
- Enter billing payments into the billing system and ensure reconciliation of cash drawer and payment entry on a daily basis. Research status of installation and service calls in order to resolve customer inquiries/complaints; research misapplied payments, billing and service adjustments. Communicate with customers in order to respond to questions; resolve service concerns; provide rate and programming information; initiate upgrade of current service and sell our products and services.
- Responsible for technical support/troubleshooting, via telephone and computer, of the high-speed data product (including email and web hosting). Assist in the resolution of advanced level technical problems with troubleshooting procedures/skills.
- Responsible for adding equipment into billing system accounts, notating the account with proper information as required, to properly execute customer orders, schedule installs and trouble calls, and document customer accounts on a daily basis. Responsible for providing required documentation for tracking work order status information.
- Continually demonstrate and ensure superior customer service.
- Other functions/duties as assigned.
- Must be prompt, punctual and have regular attendance. Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and MS Publisher is required.
- Previous experience in a customer service role is required.
- Superior telephone skills are required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with email programs, Internet and WWW is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask, work flexible shifts and extended hours as needed.
- Must be high energy, positive attitude, team player.
- Able to work with limited management involvement.
- Experience with cable television billing systems.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP basic troubleshooting commands such as ‘ping’ and traceroute.
- Call Center/Help Desk experience.
- In-depth knowledge of both Macintosh and Windows operating systems.
- One year’s experience in dispatch operations or customer service contact.
- Basic understanding of cable and Internet networks, associated head-end or hub site equipment and switch operations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic computer and cable modem troubleshooting.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.