Zito Media has a full-time opening for an experienced cable system Maintenance Technician I to perform routine and preventative maintenance on CATV feeder/distribution and trunk systems in order to maintain system performance standards. Maintenance and repair of cable system, up to the headend. This position also supports the Service Technicians on a regular basis.
- Identify faults within the subscriber drop, feeder/distribution and trunk systems to ensure proper signal level, picture quality and compliance with all local, state, federal and Zito Media requirements and standards.
- Correct these faults by adjusting, repairing or replacing passive or active components.
- Perform signal egress/ingress detection; sweep alignment; installations; troubleshooting; test point measurements; system balance and preliminary proofs.
- Perform emergency restoration of signal outages in the feeder/distribution and trunk systems.
- Complete work assignments generated through subscriber service requests and technician follow-up requests, including unresolved technician work orders.
- Audit the system and terminate unauthorized connections.
- Activate new plant and perform preliminary proof.
- 5 years CATV experience or related work history in the cable tv industry.
- Understanding of and ability to use: signal level meter, volt-ohm meter, cable locator egress monitoring devices, AC clamp meter television test set, spectrum analyzer basic time domain reflectometer, system maps sweep gear.
- Apply technical expertise to a variety of situations, evaluate problems and implement the best solution.
- Communicate effectively with the customer concerning reception problems and services.
- Will work under minimal supervision, within broad guidelines of procedures and goals.
- Demonstrate support for excellent customer service.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Full knowledge and capability of driving a bucket truck.
- Carry, set-up and extend ladders weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Confidence working in/on buckets, ladders and utility poles at heights of up to 40 feet.
- Lift up to 100 lbs.
- Reach, push, pull, hold, grasp and perform fine manipulation on cable and electronic equipment.
- Work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather.
- Use the standard tools of the trade (screwdrivers, wrenches, drills, strippers, crimpers, hammers, etc.) to route cable, connect cable and install electronic equipment.
- Able to work a variety of schedules in order to provide needed coverage, for both normal and on-call duty.
- Sufficient visual and aural acuity to operate a variety of standard test and measurement equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with excellent driving record.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.