Zito Media is seeking applicants for a Mobile Service Technician to perform routine installations; disconnects; and troubleshooting of cable, high-speed internet, phone services and end user equipment. Must maintain performance standards in all duties of a service technician and instruct subscribers in general use of company equipment and services as needed. This position will require mobility to cover markets that are short technicians due to illness, attrition, increase of work, etc. The qualified technician will also be on-call evenings and weekends when scheduled or needed. Prior experience required.
- Install cable television, internet and phone services.
- Completion and submission of all assigned work orders.
- Identify faults within the subscriber drop, up to the subscriber equipment to ensure proper signal level, picture quality and compliance with all local, state, federal and Zito Media requirements and standards.
- Correct these faults by adjusting, repairing or replacing components.
- Complete work assignments generated through subscriber service requests.
- Communicate effectively with the customer concerning reception problems, instructions and services.
- Apply technical expertise to a variety of situations, evaluating problems and implementing the best solutions.
- Work under minimal supervision, within broad guidelines of procedures and goals.
- Inform supervisor as necessary.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.
- Travel flexibility to cover all market areas as needed.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Valid state driver’s license along with an excellent driving record.
- Friendly, patient, basic courtesy, diplomatic abilities and a pleasant demeanor.
- Basic computer troubleshooting to include email and MS Office.
- Prior experience as a cable installer is required.
- Ability to climb poles and ladders daily.
- Carry, lift, set-up and extend ladders weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Confidence working in/on buckets, ladders and utility poles at heights of up to 40 feet.
- Work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather.
- Use the standard tools of the trade (screwdrivers, wrenches, drills, strippers, crimpers, hammers, etc.) to route cable, connect cable and install electronic equipment.
- Able to work a variety of schedules in order to provide needed coverage, for both normal duty and on-call duty.
- Sufficient visual and aural acuity to operate a variety of standard test and measurement equipment.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.