Zito Media is expanding our technology team with the addition of a Network Engineer. The ideal candidate will have flexibility to work off hours as needed and be a strong team player. This position is responsible for the general-purpose IP/MPLS networking for our national network. This includes the installation, operation and maintenance of the networking infrastructure.
- Day to day operation and maintenance of all routers and switches.
- Implementation for routing and switching related projects.
- Responsible for router and switch OS maintenance and upgrades.
- Responsible for monitoring all routers and switches within the network.
- Manage security and access controls to all routers and switches.
- Responsible for maintaining firewall rules.
- Typical day: network provisioning (10%), network deployment/new builds (30%), day to day support (40%), documentation (20%)
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, Layer 2 switching, multicast, Class of Service
- Experience with various routing protocols such as MPLS, LDP, RSVP, BGP, OSPF, PIM, etc.
- Knowledge of Junos, (IOS a plus)
- Familiarity with UNIX-based operating systems
- Willingness to perform off-hour maintenance activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with emphasis on clear documentation and ability to create effective diagrams
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.