Outside Plant Manager
The Outside Plant (OSP) Manager is responsible for determining the best routes and construction methods for servicing new and existing customers, working safely to maintain and create a reliable fiber optic system that minimizes construction and operational costs, while maintaining the integrity of the fiber network. This position requires field site visits and working with local and state municipalities, various utilities, company personnel, and contractors to complete OSP projects. Working with, communicating clearly and often with fiber planning teams and various other departments within the organization is a priority.
- Travels to customer sites to procure OSP project information, determining equipment requirements and best routing of optical cables as appropriate.
- Works directly with OSP support staff during pole and conduit application process.
- Works directly with OSP support staff to secure all Right-of-Way (ROW), road, railroad, pole, or state permits.
- Designs and prepares detailed work plans for construction or rearrangement of existing fiber optic cable, aerial, underground lines, and burial feeders and ensures compliance with industry specifications and standards.
- Generate accurate project Bills of Material (BOM), and requests to warehouses. Recover any unneeded, unused, or re-usable project material and return to warehouse for credit back to project.
- Directs construction work activities and coordinates contractor scheduling with Contractor Manager to ensure conformance with engineering specifications and that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Reviews contractor billing and as built documentation.
- Serves as the liaison between the company, contractors, and public utility companies to ensure timely completion of all projects.
- Actively seeks to resolve delays quickly and efficiently during the life cycle of a project.
- Gather accurate project as-built information and deliver to drafting to update all maps and databases.
- Make job safety a primary objective in all duties and set an example for other staff.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned to support the business.
- Support the field operations team where necessary to diagnose service impairments and jointly coordinate repair activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or telecommunications and/or 5 years relevant telecommunications experience, or equivalent combination.
- Candidate should preferably have exposure to outside plant construction and design, including exposure to applicable codes and regulations (NESC, NEC, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the following additional programs is preferred: Visio, AutoCAD or Bentley products, and Adobe products.
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license
- Criminal background and drug screening is required.
- Candidate must submit to background checks and have ability to obtain mandated clearances for working within Department of Education facilities, as well as any other clearances that may be periodically required.
- Candidate must apply technical expertise to a variety of situations, evaluate problems, and implement best solutions.
- Candidate must be proficient with spreadsheets and other office documents, must have working knowledge of Google Earth, and understand geocoding and mapping techniques using GPS coordinates.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills and attention to detail and accuracy, particularly with respect to measurement techniques and field notes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of Zito Media personnel and with outside vendors, contractors, and customers.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision, within broad guidelines of procedures and goals.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.