Underground Construction Foreman
- The Underground Construction Foreman will ensure all assigned projects are completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline and in accordance with company policies.
- The Underground Construction Foreman will Operate required machinery needed to complete underground projects
- Provide hands on supervisory and on-site assistance to underground construction technicians
- The Underground Construction Foreman will monitor all aspects of the project and expedite or escalate as appropriate to achieve the cost, quality and schedule goals for the project.
- Provide daily project updates to the executive team
- Coordinate with Director to prepare preliminary cost estimates and route proposals including descriptions of the proposed project and a map showing the proposed route.
- Coordinate work schedules to provide the proper priority to projects
- Identification of underground proposed routes and obtain proper underground utility locates
- Identification of right of way and permitting requirements for proposed routes.
- Read and interpret construction documents, i.e.; prints and plans as well as fiber splicing diagrams
- Supervise in house and contractor resources
- Conduct pre-construction meetings.
- Interface with customers to coordinate schedules, plans and risks.
- Accurately forecast resource requirements based on completion deadlines.
- Conduct and manage quality control to ensure projects are executed safely and to specifications.
- Forecast, order and manage material procurement.
- Obtain permits and licenses.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with local, county, state and federal officials as needed
- Follow industry standard construction standards.
- Participate in preparation and review of estimates with attention to the following: cost, materials, manpower, general conditions, schedule, insurance, etc.
- Maintain all necessary underground equipment for prevention of any unnecessary mechanical break downs
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.
- High School Degree or better
- Valid Driver License
- At least 3 years of telecom industry experience
- Proficient knowledge of operating underground machinery such as directional drills, trenchers, backhoe and locator beacons
- Knowledge of construction safety standards and OSHA requirements as well as NEC, NESC codes
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and permits
- Proficient in using documents, spreadsheets, and other related software
- Knowledge or familiarity with Web Applications and/or GIS mapping software
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Must be willing to travel with overnight stays
- Occasionally lift and carry loads of 50 lbs or more.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.
Salary: $55,000 – $85,000/yearly