Zito Media has a full-time opening for an experienced cable system project Maintenance Technician to perform perform a number of different project, construction or maintenance related functions. Primarily this role will assist with the field work related to special projects like CMTS migrations/swaps, digital video installations, headend consolidation/relocation, fiber restoration or construction, highway construction projects as well as assisting with difficult maintenance related issues. Travel will be expected a majority of the time and may be required on short notice.
- Work with groups like residential engineering and video engineering to coordinate the completion of field and headend related projects
- Assist with development of construction reroutes, building bill of materials and assisting with implementation when needed
- Assist with plant extensions when requested
- Assist maintenance and service technicians with resolving long term service issues including redesigns as needed
- Complete the installation of headend equipment such as CMTS, routers, switches or video insertion equipment
- Resolve fiber related outages or assist with fiber construction and splicing
- Complete fiber to the home installations as needed
- Perform quality checks on service and maintenance techs as time permits
- Be capable of remotely walking technicians through troubleshooting steps to resolve issues
- Perform emergency restoration of signal outages in the feeder/distribution and trunk systems.
- 5 years CATV field experience at least as maintenance technician in the cable tv industry.
- Understanding of and ability to use: signal level meter, volt-ohm meter, cable locator egress monitoring devices, spectrum analyzer basic time domain reflectometer, system maps sweep gear, fusion splicer, OTDR
- Apply technical expertise to a variety of situations, evaluate problems and implement the best solution.
- Communicate effectively with technicians concerning problems and services.
- Will work under minimal supervision, within broad guidelines of procedures and goals.
- Demonstrate support for excellent customer service.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Full knowledge and capability of driving a bucket truck.
- Carry, set-up and extend ladders weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Confidence working in/on buckets, ladders and utility poles at heights of up to 40 feet.
- Lift up to 100 lbs.
- Reach, push, pull, hold, grasp and perform fine manipulation on cable and electronic equipment.
- Work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather.
- Use the standard tools of the trade (screwdrivers, wrenches, drills, strippers, crimpers, hammers, etc.) to route cable, connect cable and install electronic equipment.
- Able to work a variety of schedules in order to provide needed coverage, for both normal and on-call duty.
- Sufficient visual and aural acuity to operate a variety of standard test and measurement equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with excellent driving record.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates