Zito Media has an opening for a RF Engineer in the Susanville/Burney cable systems to serve as primary point of contact for all construction and upgrade project work as well as provide support for areas with ongoing plant performance issues.
- Works with engineering group to develop project design/scope.
- Prepares estimates for projects, providing bill of materials.
- Ensures receipt of materials.
- Performs/coordinates with contractors underground and/or aerial construction duties in construction of system as it relates to project work.
- Coordinates make ready applications.
- Performs/coordinates with contractors upgrades on the RF plant.
- Installs electronics in headend and makes power connections.
- Works with tech ops manager to design preventative maintenance plans and maintenance tech schedules.
- Schedules specific maintenance jobs as required.
- Performs/assist with plant maintenance.
- Provide escalated troubleshooting support to technicians via phone or onsite support.
- Diagnose/troubleshoot noise and other performance related issues.
- Provide training to local maintenance techs when onsite.
- Works with tech ops manager/local maintenance techs to make sure that proof of performance and leakage reporting are performed and submitted in compliance.
- Climbs poles, ladders and other structures as needed.
- Lifts and carries loads up to 70 pounds; need to pass bucket truck training and use truck when required.
- Manipulates connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
- Functions in various weather conditions within safety constraints
- Provides regular written and verbal updates on project status.
- Comply with EEO hiring and workplace standards
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.
- High School Diploma with basic knowledge and aptitude in electronics.
- Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to carry 70 pounds
- Knowledge of all construction tools and equipment including; bucket trucks, lasher, blocks, pulling grips, stand/cable trailers, cable layers, hoists, bolt cutters, lay-up sticks and hand lines
- 5+ years in a cable field tech position.
- Knowledge of client/server architectures and IP networks are highly desired.
- Ability to operate all tools and equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various heights.
- Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, holiday, overtime as well as travel as required.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.