Zito is actively recruiting a Senior Network Engineer to deliver a highly-available fault-tolerant network infrastructure. The Senior Network Engineer will have experience with deploying, maintaining and configuring Juniper MX/EX/SRX Series routers, switches and network security solutions in a service provider environment. The preferred candidate will have significant expertise in analysis, configuring and enforcement of policies.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, implementing innovative design and engineering solutions
- Design, deploy, manage and ensure stability of the network infrastructure technologies to provide high availability, fault tolerance and scalability to support critical business systems
- Configure and maintain existing network components
- Implement network upgrades
- Test and validate all new hardware and connections for proper configuration and performance
- Utilize network management tools to monitor & report on network and component status
- Document system maintenance, enhancements and performance for network operations and management
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and determine root cause analysis of complex network problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, or related fields required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certifications such as the JNCIA, JNCIE preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with network design and support
- Experience deploying, maintaining and configuring Juniper MX/EX/SRX Series routers, switches and network security solutions
- Experience with the Junos operating system
- Expert understanding and application experience with BGP, RSVP, LDP, and OSPF
- Experience in fault isolation logic and techniques
- Understanding of Ethernet Layer 2 protocols and technologies: VLANs, RSTP, MST
- Solid experience with scaling automation networks and tools
- Solid experience with scripting languages and Linux command line environments
- Knowledge and experience with BGP, OSPF, IGMP, PIM and VPNs
- Familiarity with OTN (Optical Transport Network) technology and platforms to provide guidance and requirements for design of underlying transport
- Ability to systematically troubleshoot issues
- Ability to precisely document, design, and plan implementations
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.