The Senior Director of Commercial Operations has the primary responsibility for the operation and maintenance of over 4000 miles of fiber network across a multistate footprint. Additional responsibilities include testing and lighting of newly constructed and acquired fiber networks, including collaboration with optical designers, network engineers, and facilities managers. Services configured on the network support public safety, health care, government, cellular backhaul, and education sectors with stringent delivery and technical Service Level Agreements.
Principal accountabilities include:
- Responsible for all aspects of fiber network documentation
- Collaboration with Network Services and Optical Transport Services to insure operation readiness prior to platform deployment
- Oversight of change control board
- Collaboration with facilities personnel on the establishment of private and carrier-based colocation facilities
- Collaboration with optical designers for implementation and grooming of optical wavelengths and channels
- Scheduling, training, and tooling for field operations, including splicing technicians and network equipment installation, test, and maintenance.
- Develop, manage, monitor, and report on preventative maintenance programs for a multi-state facilities-based provider, including fiber, hubs, and transport platforms.
- Collaborate with VP Network Services to ensure adherence to customer Service Level Agreements and manage critical response, root cause analysis in a 24x 7 environment.
- Coordination with and escalation of issues with third party providers
- Oversee development of standard processes and procedures for the Commercial Services organization
- Mentor and develop project planning skills within the organization
- 5+ Years of Program management
- 10+ years of experience managing operations and/or service delivery for a facilities-based service provider.
- Excellent leadership and communications skills with ability to clearly explain technical issues, root causes, and resolution to executive management in health care, public safety, government, and education industries.
- Ability to organize and establish operational priorities in a rapid paced environment with numerous projects underway simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems, handling escalation of issues related to physical and transport layers.
- Ability to motivate collaboration between function teams, fostering work ethic and instilling accountability.
- Reliability and sound judgement during critical outage scenarios
- Working knowledge of optical transport platforms, MPLS, and IP Networking
- Experience in design, construction, and test of aerial and underground fiber networks
- Experience with implementation of telecommunications infrastructure as well as provisioning of customer services.
- ITIL certification
- Demonstrated experience in Change Control Boards and Change Advisory Boards, Methods of Procedures (MoPs), and change evaluation frameworks
- APPLY HERE