Zito Media is seeking a Systems Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and network resources. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. Qualified applicants should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. Applicants should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. The applicant’s goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Install and configure server software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal knowledge base with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms (Linux Operating Systems such as Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat or SuSE a must)
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Associates in Information Technology, Computer Science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Professional certification (e.g. RHCE, Linux+, LPI, VCP) is a plus
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.