The Tax Director will assist in all aspects of the Company’s state, federal and local tax administration and compliance. This position will also be responsible for assisting with developing and implementing tax strategies that minimize tax expenses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- File all federal, state, partnership and local tax returns and related schedules and worksheets for locations across the U.S.
- Maintain supporting schedules for all tax-deferred asset and liability accounts
- Plan, prepare for and coordinate all audits by applicable tax authorities
- Direct the sales tax process including reporting and audit coordination
- Manage ownership equity percentages
- Prepare periodic tax projections in order to determine required quarterly estimated payments and annual extensions
- Coordinate with outside tax accountant in the filing of trust returns and payments
- Develop, implement and maintain internal policies that address tax compliance requirements
- Researching relevant authoritative guidance as needed
- Assisting with selecting and implementing tax software
- Assist in the evaluation of corporate transactions related to federal taxes
- Provide tax planning guidance that maximizes tax benefits
- Manage the tax compliance calendar, ensuring compliance with all external filing requirements on a timely and accurate basis
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Graduate degree and/or CPA preferred
- 5-10 years tax experience in corporate or public accounting environment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Highly efficient, organized, and reliable professional with practical experience and ability to understand processes
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Must be prompt, punctual and have regular attendance.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Salary: $100,000 – $140,000/year