The Technical Operations Director is responsible for providing the leadership, direction, and tactical execution of field installation and service and overall operation of field services for our CA, ID and NV systems. The responsibilities of this position encompass managing and directing the activities of the technical staff to ensure the highest level of system performance, quality of work and customer and employee satisfaction while working remotely in one of our Western states (CA, ID, NV) with travel up to 15% of the time.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides leadership and direction to the technical staff in the day-to-day operation of the department as well as plans for upcoming activity.
- Collaborates with engineering department to develop performance standards and establish goals and priorities. Implements such standards and ensures all functions are carried out consistently in manner that is aligned with Zito operations, in accordance with company policies/procedures and FCC standards as well as local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Work with quota/routing to ensure scheduling and work-loads are optimized for efficiency.
- Participates with engineering in the review and selection of materials, tools and test equipment used in the installation and repair process.
- Resolve problems with internal and external customers, ensuring appropriate action from field operation employees and contractors.
- Manages, measures, and ensures the overall effective outcome of work quality for video, data, and phone services.
- Assist in developing and monitoring operational and capital budgets.
- Provide reports and analyses to area and market leaders and others as necessary.
- Develops working relationships and collaborates with other departments to ensure the successful operation of the Technical Department as well as the overall business.
- Work with engineering and loss management to develop training programs, develop staff, and ensure programs are in place to appropriately develop the knowledge and skills of technical employees in support of the company’s objectives and to insure a safe working environment.
- Motivate staff to achieve common goals.
- Cultivate a positive and respectful work environment through employee education, positive reinforcement, modeling the behavior, providing adequate work tools and administering policies fairly and consistently.
- Due to the 24-hour requirements of the combined operations departments, this position has critical responsibilities when emergency or unusual circumstances occur.
- Monitor technical department to help ensure EEO compliance.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problem.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in managing a technical operations department in moderately sized cable environment.
- Must have experience in operational planning, and leadership development.
- Ability to handle various tasks simultaneously, organize prioritizes, make decisions and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Ability to think through a problem, analyze and break it down into parts to resolve or come up with a logical solution.
- Ability to deal with irate or difficult customers and/or potential customers as well as perform root cause analysis and recommend process changes to prevent future customer frustrations.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, engineering, computer science, electronics or related field from four-year college or university preferred.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas. Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.