Zito Media is seeking a Technical Operations Manager to ensure the customer expectations, technical quality standards, and company safety policy requirements are met. This position will cover a few of our NC systems.
This position will also be responsible for training, developing and evaluating the assigned technicians to maximize the customer experience and operational productivity. A 60-70% portion of the time may be spent working in the field with the technicians in a hands-on teaching approach.
- Manager daily activity of Service Install and Maintenance technicians.
- Ensure responsiveness and first-time resolution to installation and trouble call work orders.
- Ensure compliance with company quality and safety standards.
- Perform practical evaluations to verify technical competencies.
- Perform restoration of signal outages in the feeder/distribution and trunk systems and serve on-call.
- Ensure staff has and maintains necessary, company-issued tools and equipment.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance work as required or assigned.
- Responsible for the overall performance of the cable plant and equipment.
- Manage inventory and submit requisitions to ensure adequate supply of materials.
- Inform the Director of Tech Ops as necessary.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Valid state driver’s license, with an excellent driving record.
- Minimum of 10 years of residential cable television or related telecom industry experience.
- Prior management or supervisory experience is required.
- Basic courtesy, diplomatic abilities and a pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of Zito Media personnel and with outside vendors and contractors.
- Maintain confidentiality in regards to company, employee and customer situations.
- Work under minimal supervision, within broad guidelines of procedures and goals.
- Apply technical expertise to a variety of situations, evaluate problems, and implement the best solutions.
- Ability to climb poles and ladders daily.
- Carry, set-up and extend ladders weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Confidence working in/on buckets, ladders and utility poles at heights of up to 40 feet.
- Lift up to 100 lbs.
- Work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather.
- Use the standard tools of the trade (screwdrivers, wrenches, drills, strippers, crimpers, hammers, etc.) to route cable, connect cable and install electronic equipment.
- Able to work a variety of schedules in order to provide needed coverage, for both normal duty and on-call duty.
- Sufficient visual and aural acuity to operate a variety of standard test and measurement equipment.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.