Zito Media has an opening for a Technician Supervisor in Coudersport, PA to supervise service and maintenance technicians to ensure the customer expectations, technical quality standards, and company safety policy requirements are met. Responsible for training, developing and evaluating the assigned technicians to maximize the customer experience and operational productivity. Complete periodic quality assurance checks on technician work including disconnect audits. Order materials needed to complete install and repair plant. Complete assessment of tech performance. A large portion of the time will be spent working in the field with the technicians in a hands-on teaching approach. Most work will be completed in the field with some administrative work.
- Supervise daily activity of Service and Maintenance Technicians.
- Ensure responsiveness and first time resolution to installation and trouble call work orders.
- Ensure compliance with company quality and safety standards.
- Perform practical evaluations to verify technical competencies.
- Perform restoration of signal outages in the feeder/distribution and trunk systems and serve on-call.
- Ensure staff has and maintains necessary, company-issued tools and equipment.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance work as required or assigned.
- Responsible for the overall performance of cable plant and equipment.
- Perform the duties of Service and Maintenance Technicians.
- Manage inventory and submit requisitions to ensure adequate supply of materials.
- Inform Director of Tech Ops as necessary.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.
- High school diploma or its equivalent, valid state driver’s license, along with an excellent driving record.
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience including at least 3 years in various levels of technician roles
- Prior management or supervisory experience is preferred.
- Must have understanding of and ability to use the following equipment: Signal level meter, Volt-ohm meter, Cable locator, AC clamp meter, Spectrum analyzer, System maps, and Sweep gear.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with outside vendors and contractors.
- Maintain confidentiality in regards to company, employee and customer situations.
- Work under minimal supervision, within broad guidelines of procedures and goals.
- Apply technical expertise to a variety of situations, evaluate problems, and implement the best solutions in a timely manner.
- Work indoors in confined space, poorly ventilated areas, such as attics during extreme heat or extreme cold.
- Work indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the day or night.
- Climb ladders or use bucket lift as needed.
- Lift, carry, set-up and extend ladders weighing up to 100 lbs. daily.
- Must be able to work with confidence in buckets, on ladders, and utility poles at heights of up to 40
- Grasp and perform fine manipulation on cable and electronic equipment
- Use the standard tools of the trade (screwdrivers, wrenches, drills, strippers, crimpers, hammers, etc.) to route cable, connect cable and install electronic equipment.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.