The CATV System Tech is responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining
underground cables as well as assisting equipment operator with excavating, trenching drilling apparatus.
- Ability to perform underground construction
- Work in tunnels, buildings, vaults, trenches, attics, crawl spaces or man holes to place, maintain or remove wiring or equipment.
- Work in remote and rough terrain locations.
- Work outside in all weather conditions as well as dirt, grease and wood preservatives.
- Knowledge and compliance of industry standard safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to dig holes, place poles, placing cable in the ground, unreeling, pulling and stringing wire and cable from pole to pole by perceiving differences in wire and cable colors to place fiber cable from Central Office through conduit or attach pole lines to customer business or distribution points in the loop.
- Use hand tools, power tools, and specialty tools, including telecommunications measuring devices.
- Read and interpret service orders, tickets, technical drawings, maps, blueprints, diagrams, etc.
- Ability to operate trencher, boring machine or lasher
- Ability to complete projects within designated timeframes
- Adheres to all company employee safety, and customer rules and policies. This includes, but is not limited to, appearance codes and vehicle policies.
- Inspects lines, poles and equipment for signs of damage
- Performs general clean-up of job sites following completion of work
- Assists in the investigation of incidents to prevent reoccurrence
- Convert/install customers to FTTH
- Other duties as assigned
- Obtain DOT Physical Medial Card.
- Must be able to bend, stand, sit, crawl, climb, kneel and lift throughout the day.
Experience with and ability to perform ISP work – building cores, conduit installation, junction boxes, etc.
- Experience with hand rodding and ID placement
- Ability to travel to various locations through the western portion of the US particularly West Coast California. Colorado, Nevada, Idaho
- Ability to work evenings or weekends as needed
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Possess a valid State issued driver’s license with a current satisfactory driving record.
- Favorable reports from personal investigations which include without limitation, driving and substance tests and is subject to Zito Media’s other hiring standards.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas.
Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 – $20.00 per hour