Zito Media currently has an opening for a Dispatcher in the Coudersport office to serve as the primary contact for all Field Technicians for Service, Installation and Outage Repair work performed on a daily basis. Responsible to ensure completion and resolution of all work orders in company database on a daily basis. The successful candidate will provide phone updates with field personnel; monitor, declare, report, and clear all outages, service calls and installations and taking appropriate actions to respond to complaints or questions accordingly. Following training, this position has a shift of 10am to 9pm with Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday off and Friday, Saturday and Sunday shifts of 12pm to 11pm (subject to change based on business needs).
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Research and adjustment of work orders.
- Maintenance of the customer database by making correct and timely entries during and immediately following each customer contact.
- Timely updates of actions and events in the field that may impact customers and/or Call Center Representatives.
- Maintain the scheduling calendar.
- Communicate effectively with the Call Center, including outages, customer complaints, additional work orders, work order point allotments.
- Identify and expedite emergencies, reacting quickly under a diverse set of circumstances.
- Perform callbacks when reorganizing service/installation schedules and verify when customer is not at home.
- Provide courteous and helpful assistance to customers and prospective customers by maintaining current knowledge of company’s general operating procedures, programming packages and marketing efforts.
- Routing and monitoring work orders to technicians to accommodate customer needs.
- Produce regular reports for pending and completed work
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and MS Publisher.
- Previous experience in customer service role.
- Superior telephone skills, organizational skills, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work flexible and extended hours occasionally as needed.
- Must be high energy, positive attitude and comfortable in team environment.
- At least one year of Call Center/Help Desk experience.
- Experience with Cable Television billing system.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP basic troubleshooting commands such as ping and traceroute.
- In-depth knowledge of both Macintosh and Windows operating system.
- One year of experience in dispatch operations, customer service and logistics.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic computer, converter box and cable modem troubleshooting.
Zito Media retains the right to change this job description any time. Zito offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan, and discounted services for employees who reside within the Zito coverage areas. Zito Media is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. The company encourages job applications from minority and female candidates.