“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen. The moon laughs and whispers, ‘tis near Halloween.” – 19th century postcard
Get your popcorn and Snuggy ready for a brand new set of chilling premieres this Halloween season that you don’t want to miss! We’ve compiled a list of 5 new spine chilling shows for various ages and genres that promise to send everyone on the edge of their seats.
1. Lore. This anthology series premiere will be airing on Amazon Videos October 13th. The collection of 6 episodes showcases a new story line in each show. Combining documentary footage and cinematic scenes to bring real life horror stories and their origins to the screens in a new chilling light, this one is sure to keep your senses peaked.
2. NeverKnock. One of two Syfy original premieres this October, NeverKnock will show on the 15th during Syfy’s Halloween marathon. This chiller tells the tale of a murderous event at 59 Oakwood Lane that sets the legend for what happens to all who knock at the door. The imminent doom for all who dare should make you pull your feet up off the floor.
3. Stranger Things 2. We can’t leave out our favorite Netflix original’s season premiere on October 27! Stranger Things 2 takes place on Halloween in 1984, a year after the season one events. You’ll see the same set of main characters face a brand new set of supernatural phenomena that are sure to keep you guessing once again!
4. Michael Jackson’s Halloween. This one-hour animation will be aired on CBS October 27th. With the soundtrack from the “King of Pop”, Michael Jackson’s music sets the stage for two millennials and a dog named Ichabod who find themselves on a mysterious adventure at a hotel called This Place Hotel… on Jackson Street. The younger crowd should be shaking in their socks right up to the end of this one.
5. Halloween Baking Championship. If the typical thrillers and chillers aren’t your cup of poisoned apple cocktails then you may want to head over to the Food Network’s second season of the Halloween Baking Championship! This competition series of 8 bakers and their chilling creations should keep you entertained as their ghoulish gluttony makes or breaks their chances at the $25,000 grand prize.
If these aren’t enough for your monstrous horror demand, check out these Halloween Marathons: